Flexible and cost-effective alternative solutions to Dell ProSupport
|Com-Com are delighted to introduce a new on-site support solution for your Dell PowerEdge servers, as a flexible and cost-effective alternative to Dell's ProSupport.|
While your brand new Dell Server comes with a next-business day warranty, your organisation requires a faster on-site response - what are the support options available to you?
You could purchase ProSupport from Dell, but this is typically provided for a minimum of three, four or perhaps even five years, offers a limited choice of SLAs and can be a relatively expensive option. The usual process for this support option from Dell is to automatically incorporate it into their quotation and although this makes it a simple purchase, it is likely to result in greater cost and potentially a different level of support than you actually need.
At Com-Com, we can offer upgrades to the manufacturer base warranty providing on-site support with a full range of SLA options. We offer flexible terms for up to the full period of the base warranty, and beyond, enabling you to purchase the support you actually need, which helps to reduce your costs and prevents you from being locked-in with support which you may not actually use.
Our support packages are available for all the most of the popular Dell PowerEdge servers in blade, rack and tower configurations.
With a warranty upgrade from Com-Com you will also benefit from reduced costs, as our prices usually start at 40% lower than Dell for an equivalent 24x7 ProSupport service.
Com-Com support packsExample pricing for 12 and 36 month terms for two of our SLA options are listed below. If you have a server which is not listed below, please contact us.
Mon-Fri 9am-5pm excl bank holidays cover 4 hour response
12 month cost
24 x 7 cover 4 hour response
36 month cost
|Dell M420-IW PowerEdge M420 Warranty Upgrade |
|Dell M520-IW PowerEdge M520 Warranty Upgrade |
|Dell M620-IW PowerEdge M620 Warranty Upgrade |
|Dell M630-IW PowerEdge M630 Warranty Upgrade |
|Dell M820-IW PowerEdge M820 Warranty Upgrade |
|Dell R220-IW PowerEdge R220 Warranty Upgrade |
|Dell R320-IW PowerEdge R320 Warranty Upgrade |
|Dell R415-IW PowerEdge R415 Warranty Upgrade |
|Dell R430-IW PowerEdge R430 Warranty Upgrade |
|Dell R515-IW PowerEdge R515 Warranty Upgrade |
|Dell R520-IW PowerEdge R520 Warranty Upgrade |
|Dell R530-IW PowerEdge R530 Warranty Upgrade |
|Dell R630-IW PowerEdge R630 Warranty Upgrade |
|Dell R730-IW PowerEdge R730 Warranty Upgrade |
|Dell R730XD-IW PowerEdge R730xd Warranty Upgrade |
|Dell R820-IW PowerEdge R820 Warranty Upgrade |
|Dell R920-IW PowerEdge R920 Warranty Upgrade |
|Dell R930-IW PowerEdge R930 Warranty Upgrade |
|Dell T320-IW PowerEdge T320 Warranty Upgrade |
|Dell T430-IW PowerEdge T430 Warranty Upgrade |
|Dell T630-IW PowerEdge T630 Warranty Upgrade |
- Warranty Upgrade Packages are available for machines located in the UK mainland only
- A valid machine serial number is required for pack activation. Packs must be activated two business days prior to first call.
- Com-Com warranty upgrade packages are only available for the duration of unexpired warranty from the manufacturer. Packages can be converted to standard Com-Com maintenance packages at the expiration of the manufacturer warranty.
- All prices listed are exclusive of VAT.
Advantages of on-site in-warranty support from Com-ComWe will provide you with an excellent on-site maintenance service. By purchasing this service from Com-Com, you will receive the SLA that you require at competitive rates.
- Cost - our costs start at 40% lower than the Dell for an equivalent ProSupport service
- Flexibility - you may typically be required to purchase three, four or five year support packs from Dell, where as Com-Com allow you to choose, and pay for, only the time period that you require support
- Extra value - We believe that DMR (Digital Media Retention) is increasingly important to customers concerned for the safety of their data. With Com-Com, all of your disks remain your property - at no extra charge - Dell charge a premium for this additional benefit
- Choice of SLA - we offer a full range of SLA options with service levels offering the opportunity for further cost savings
- Personalised service - we assign site engineers to build understanding about your set-up and ways of working along with dedicated account management and a UK based fault call centre
- Access to patches and updates - all firmware, patches and updates are free to all during the warranty period
- 'Life-cycle' support - you can keep your server running for as long as you like with our post-warranty support and commitment to continue to support your server for up to seven years beyond the declared 'End-of-Life' (EOL) date of your hardware by Dell