For QinetiQ, data integrity and security is of paramount importance. With its position as a leading global technology supplier to the defence and aerospace industries, QinetiQ is not a company that’s able to take risks or cut corners when it comes to data storage.
Com-Com was contacted to assist with an efficiency saving exercise and found themselves competing directly against the manufacturer for the support of QinetiQ’s EMC central storage infrastructure. QinetiQ’s objectives were clear, they wanted to:
- Improve on the existing service they received from the manufacturer
- Reduce the cost of the service
- Secure continuity of support for a further 12 months and beyond
- Receive genuine 24×7 support
Com-Com’s approach was to offer a level of service that the manufacturer simply could not match. We provided QinetiQ with a team of named, security-cleared engineers to provide round-the-clock cover for their systems and invested in an extensive manifest of on-site spares to ensure that any issues could be dealt with promptly. Our team were able to deliver manufacturer-trained levels of support and service in four strategic locations throughout the UK, maintaining a mixture of various EMC array models and Brocade switch equipment. In addition to the day-to-day support we assisted QinetiQ with their end-of-life planning, helping to ensure that they could migrate seamlessly to a new storage solution with minimal disruption.
Thanks to their partnership with Com-Com, QinetiQ achieved their goals and delivered the following business outcomes:
- 50% cost reduction
- SLA delivering 100% system availability
- Continuity of support to provide elegant migration to new central storage solution
- Unified support arrangements to reduce complexity and management overheads
Com-Com are experts in EMC SAN maintenance and support.
Contact us now to see how we can help you with your maintenance and get a little bit more from your IT budget in 2012.